Saturday, October 25, 2008

One month later...

I've been meaning to post for a while now. I had the idea that on the 16th - exactly one month after I arrived in England - I'd do this big elaborate post with lots of great anecdotes and a little bit of "what it all means." Clearly, that did not happen. It seems the homework gods finally got word that I'm back in school, so I've been stuck in the library/my room doing lots of educational reading. The schoolwork is actually a welcome change most of the time; I had forgotten how much I love school.

So anyway, now it's been officially more than a month. I got my first jolt of "time is passing so quickly" when I realized that I'm halfway finished with my classes (I know!), which incidentally means that I'm more than halfway finished with college, but that's a whole different can of worms. All of the other Americans that I know are leaving in the beginning of December to go home for Christmas and start classes at their home universities in the Spring, and they're also freaking me out with their talk of how large that moment is looming. I forget sometimes that I'm here (meaning Europe) until August, but even so, I have the feeling that before I know it, I'll be de-planing back in the US wondering where the year went.

1 comment:

Leigh said...

where are you staying in december? how are your classes?