Saturday, July 25, 2009

The Final Countdown.

I can't believe it's come to this. After eleven months in Europe and an entire year away from Charleston, it's all coming to an end. One short week from today I'll be hauling my gigantic bags to the airport for the last time and heading back home. It's a strange feeling; a part of me can't believe a year has passed already, but there are days when I feel like I've been away for five years. This year has been incredible, and I am so, so lucky to have had the opportunity to live and study at two amazing European universities. I've made life-long friends, and certainly life-long memories, and although I'm dragging my feet as the day of my parting draws closer, it's a comfort to know that even though I won't be here anymore, I'll still have what is most important. I have lived out a dream I have had since I was a little girl, and I've learned so much (including another language!). The bottom line is simply that I've had an amazing time, the best of my life.

Here are just a few of my favorite memories from the past year:


Obama wins the election, and Sue, Katie, and I celebrate a fantastic Bonfire Night, courtesty of a few friendly Canadians.


One of several trips to London, only this time we ran into a few old friends...



Christmas in Italy!


Flip-cup in Broadgate.


Haggis in Edinburgh with Dad. My new favorite food.


Deutsch-Kompakt!


Kathleen + Me + Beautiful foreign cities = Comically bad weather.


Sunday Wanderungs.


Munich's Hofbrauehaus with Susanne.


Mom comes to visit.


Kathleen and I travel the length of Germany via train.


Oh, Konstanz.

No comments: