Thursday, July 7, 2011

It Lives!!!


After a very lengthy hiatus, I'm back on the blogosphere, this time reporting from Quito, Ecuador. I've only been here about 8 hours and as I spent 6 of them sleeping, I don't have much by way of commentary yet. But here are a few fun facts about Ecuador:

- Ecuador is in South America. Don't worry, I didn't know that either until I signed up for the class that took me here.

- Quito, the capital of Ecuador, was the first city to gain World Heritage Site status back in 1978.

- Despite the name and its location right on top of the equator, Ecuador, or at least Quito, is quite cool. Right now it's 57 degrees F, so I'm actually slightly chilly.

- The Galapagos Islands are part of Ecuador!

I'll definitely be reporting more as I learn more, so stay tuned!


No comments: