Friday, November 21, 2008

I'm dreaming of...

FOOD. The past few days I can't think of anything else.

1. It started with bratwurst. I don't know why, but when I was too sick to even eat toast, I just laid in bed day-dreaming of this bratwurst I had at the Robin Hood pagaent a few weeks ago. Sooo good.

2. Pickles. I can't get a decent pickle here, and it's driving me mad.

3. Cake. Well, I'm usually thinking about cake.

4. Yes, it's almost Thanksgiving, and no, I won't be having it here. So my mind keeps venturing back to Thanksgivings past and all the wonderful things I won't be eating this week. Turkey, stuffing, pumpkin pie, cranberry sauce in the shape of a can... sigh.

5. Homemade mac and cheese. I've never even really loved this, but all things involving cheese and carbs sound good to me right now.

6. Homemade anything, really.

7. Cheesesteaks.

8. SUSHI. This is probably the longest I've gone without sushi since I first tried it. As soon as I get back to Charleston, I'm going to camp out at Oriental Garden and eat my weight in it.

9. Pasta salad, a la Papa Zuzu's. Mmm.

10. Bagels.

This list could go on and on, but I'm getting ridiculously hungry typing it up. Why oh why can't I have cravings for fish and chips or shepherd's pie or unidentifiable steamed things?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh girl. when I get to England it's going to be a total pickle party. And I meant that in the dirtiest way possible.