Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Rant

Don't worry, it'll be brief. I'm just pissed off that yesterday I walked all the way to other end of campus to the student health centre (in the rain!), paid 30 P, and waited forever only to be told there is nothing wrong with me. Yes, I explained that my symptoms -- nausea, fever, etc. -- are very unusual for me, and that they usually indicate a bacterial infection for which I need antibiotics, but the nurse who saw me for a record three minutes flat didn't do anything except take my temperature and declare me healthy. "But if you do vomit, you need to come back," she told me. Even after I told her I hadn't been able to eat anything for several days, which might explain the lack of vomitting. And guess what I did in the middle of the night? I puked. But I'm not going back. I get that they see a lot of people with similar symptoms, and I never, ever present in the "normal" way, but the fact of the matter is, any time I see a medical professional, they don't listen to me. It's always been that way, and most recently (before now, I mean) it could have cost me my life. It worries me. Sorry if that's tmi, but I'm angry.

No comments: