Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Obama wins!!!!!!!!


It's four o'clock in the morning here, and I have tears running down my face. At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I'll reiterate how historic an election this has been. We have just elected our first President of Color, and it's difficult to imagine that the candidates in future elections will ever again be four besuited white men. Wow. Maybe now our leadership will actually reflect the American people, not just a select few of them.
This election is historic for the very important fact that it signifies the end of the Bush regime, something I (and so many others) have waited eagerly for since 2000. I know that my generation, those who have come of age post-911 and in the middle of this war, has felt the Bush years keenly. Young voters have been vocal and influential in this election, and for me, it's unbelievably refreshing. And that's to say nothing of other previously-ignored sectors of the electorate. Hopefully in years to come, we'll be saying a lot more than nothing. We have a voice now, and we have spoken.
Congratulations Barack. And congratulations America. We have our hope back; let's use it and work together for the change that we all so long for.

4 comments:

Sissy said...

I love your posts - you rock, Bean!! Enjoy PARIS!! I love you - be safe!!

Paulvtom said...

Hi Sarah - I liked your comments on the election. Must be interesting watching this all unfold from the UK. You probably know CO went blue in a big way this time for prez, a new US Senate seat just went R to D (Mark Udall) and our congressional seat just went R to D. I had a chance to do some volunteer work for Betsey Markey who just unseated Marilyn Musgrave from our CO Dist 4seat. Felling good about our future for the first time in 8 years. Let us know if you will be in the southwest during your stay in UK. I know our people in Barnstaple, Devon would put the kettle on.... Uncle

Anonymous said...

Sarah - Obama does not rule color. He is not the President of Color. Therefore he is not our first President of Color.

eccala said...

LOL to Kathleen. I was about to post the same thang, girl! Making that junk a pro-noun. Sheee.